The Fellows Program is designed to develop men and women into highly effective leaders who inspire lives of selfless courage and service to others – resulting in exceptional mission-focused teams in the pursuit of excellence. The SLG presents a holistic picture of both leadership and followership with an emphasis on practical knowledge and skills.
The Fellows Program is divided into three concurrent parts intended to begin the development of a lifelong network of Fellows who are committed to leading by serving others. The Fellows will have an opportunity to:
- Grow together through joint readings, presentations, reflection, and discussions on the foundations of leadership and their practical application. They will do this in collaboration with the Senior Fellows of the Severn Leadership Group.
- Work on leadership issues of interest with Senior Fellows (mentors) who have proven leadership skills and experience. Fellows meet with their mentor at least monthly at a time and place as mutually agreed. The purpose of the meetings is to build a relationship and discuss leadership issues as desired by the Fellow considering the readings, presentations, and the leadership experiences of both the Mentor and Fellow.
- Meet, on occasion, with distinguished guest leaders. This will provide an opportunity for the guests to share their leadership “lessons-learned.”
The commitment required of a Fellow is:
- Participate in monthly meetings and “evenings of conversation”
- Meet at least monthly with Senior Fellow/Mentor
- Independently and in small-groups, dig deeply into selected writings by master-craftsman and women in the art of leadership and follower-ship
- Understanding of:
- The Severn Leadership Group systems-approach to leadership and followership
- Character as the core to both leadership and followership
- Deeper sense of self, purpose, and the need for an integrated flourishing life
- Developing behaviors that reflect the core virtues of love, integrity, truth, excellence, the importance of healthy relationships, and the courage to so.
- Commitment to a life of selfless courage and service to others
- Passion for a mission, a purpose, a cause
- Practical ability to:
- Lead and follow
- Build relationships and trust
- Build high performance teams (cells of excellence)
- Focus on building a team and not a career
- Discover the on-going resources of the Severn Leadership Group
With Fellows serving around the world, we can begin the real work of the Severn Leadership Group – shaping a future that is better than the present so that all people can begin to experience a life of hope, freedom and well-being.
How to Become a Fellow
The Fellows Program is open for mid-career professionals located in the Annapolis, MD, Northern Virginia and DC area, near Groton, CT or Tampa Bay, FL. All-virtual programs are also available. Prospective fellows are those who are in leadership roles (or soon to be) and have a desire to improve their leadership abilities, are open to learn and grow and are willing to commit to the program. Prospective fellows may apply with three easy steps:
Fill out a short application.
Upload a short bio with a picture.
We will contact you with next steps and add you to our mailing list.